Rinconez was nominated for a Liebster Award by Clarissa from An Offbeat Bluestocking at WordPress!
Thank you for the Liebster Award nomination, Clarissa!
The idea for the Liebster Award seems to come from the German Bird of a Paradise Blog.
The rules for the Liebster Award are as follows:
- Thank the person who nominated and link back to their blog.
- Display the Liebster Award on your blog.
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions you were asked.
- Nominate 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers for the award,
by asking them 11 new questions or the same questions you were asked.
- Make sure to let the bloggers know you’ve nominated them!
- And don’t forget to copy the rules into your post!
Here are 11 facts about myself:
- I enjoy swimming in a pool for its tranquil, “back to the womb” sensation.
- I wish I could play Klezmer Music on the clarinet, but I fear I would have to practice.
- I can crochet, a little, but even after many lessons from my grandmother, I can not knit.
- I believe I sing best on Sundays at church, call it Divine Intervention.
- The three tabby cats at home have voted to continue to let me live with them.
- After several months of cross-fit style training, I can now jump/leap unto a park bench.
- I am an engineer, but not the kind that makes, designs or fixes things.
- I wish I could hail a taxi cab with a single whistle through my fingers, but until then, I’ll use Uber.
- I prefer the taste of Mexican Coca-Cola over the US version, but Cherry Coke is still my favorite.
- Sometimes, I catch myself trying to talk in my sleep, but I can NOT make out what I am trying to say.
- I can see the Rabbit in the Moon as well as the Man in the Moon, but they can’t see each other.
Here are the answers to the 11 questions I was asked by Clarissa from An Offbeat Bluestocking :
1. What got you started with your blog?
I started Rinconez to explore those happy, dark and even funny places we seek, run from or just end up stuck in or crashing into. I wanted to write about their significance and what happens to us there…these places, they are not always physical, sometimes we carry them with us, at times, without even realizing it.
2. Post a link to your favorite blog post you have written and explain why it is your favorite.
My favorite post thus far is Remembering Summer, a poem about longing for summer. This is my favorite post because I had set out to write poetry and had a lot of fun learning and writing poetry while taking the Writing 201 Poetry class sponsored through WordPress’ Blogging University. I like this poem because of its lyrical and nostalgic quality. The poem makes me miss not just summer but those who are dear to my heart, but far away.
3. What is your favorite color?
My favorite color is Blue! Although surprisingly I do not own a lot of blue things or clothes, but I do have a collection of blue pottery.
4. Where do you get inspiration to blog?
My inspiration for posts typically comes from my day-to-day, triumphs and struggles, but I am also inspired to write by the writings of others, photography/art and nature.
5. Where would you like to travel that you haven’t traveled to yet?
I would love to travel through Europe, especially visit Spain and France.
6. What was your favorite book or movie as a child?
I enjoyed reading any Curious George book or story. I loved how Curious George was curious and had many adventures as a result.
7. What is your favorite season and why?
I love summer because it is sunny, hot and humid. I appreciate the many water molecules in the air that deflect the sun from my body, but keep my skin moisturized and supple.
8. Any goals for your blog?
My goals for my blog is for it to grow to include guest or contributing writers and for there to be content on a more regular basis, with a regular cadence.
9. Do you have a bucket list? What is number 1?
I do not have a set bucket list partly because my priorities have changed as I have, but I do set goals for myself. My present goal is to complete a novel of short stories with an arc.
10. Favorite thing to blog about?
I enjoy blogging about epiphanies, especially ones that come to me during unexpected times or come from unforeseen sources.
11. What’s your dream job?
My dream job would be one where I could mentor other women with respect to their career/freelancing goals.
The NEW Winners of the Liebster Award ARE…
- Dear Dad
- Merry Moon
- Bright Yellow Flower
- Manna Rules the World
- take off your mask
- Following Seas
- 1617 Sunshine Avenue
- Michelle Malone
The questions for the Liebster Award Nominees are:
- Who is your favorite author?
- What do you want readers to takeaway from your website or blog?
- When you think of your childhood, what is your most vivid, happy memory?
- Where do you go when you seek peace of mind and/or serenity?
- Why do you like to write?
- Which do you prefer, books, movies, serial TV/streaming shows or audiobooks/podcasts?
- How do you make the time to write with all of life’s interruptions?
- Have you ever written a post, but decided to delete it or not post it?
- Can you share one of your favorite quotes?
- Do you have any advice for someone who is considering to start a website or blog?
- Is writing something you have done most of your life in one way or another or something new?